Print Friendly Recipe
- Moist delicious bread for meals or snacks. Outstanding as a open faced sandwich bread!!
- Arizona Tart
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) warm water
- 1 cup (225 ml) cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced onion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dill seed
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) to 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) all purpose flour (unbleached best)
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water, 105 degrees (40 C.) to 115 degrees (45 C.).
- Heat cottage cheese to lukewarm.
- Combine sugar, onion, butter, dill, salt, soda, and egg to a bowl wtih cottage cheese and yeast mixture.
- Add flour to form a stiff dough.
- Cover with a damp towel and let rise until doubled in bulk.
- Stir dough down.
- Place dough into a well-greased casserole (1-1/2 quarts) or loaf pan and cover with a damp towel.
- Let rise 1 hour or until double in bulk.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 40-45 minutes.
- When top browns, remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- Try this wonderful bread with shaved meats and cheeses for a wonderful meal.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.