Print Friendly Recipe
- This is an age old recipe from the early part of the 1900's. Revisit it today for luncheon fare or a different dish to serve at a buffet.
- Arizona Tart
Serves/Makes:1 9 inch x 13 inch pan
- 8 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) packed blue cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dry mustard
- 4 cups (950 ml) milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 8 larger green stuffed olives
- Butter a 9 inch x 13 inch baking pan or oven proof casserole dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently toss together all the cheese.
- In the buttered pan, alternate into at least two layers, the bread down and then the cheese, season with salt, pepper (and/or cayenne pepper) and ripe olives.
- Beat eggs and combine with dry mustard and milk in a separate mixing bowl.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread and cheese and refridgerate for at least 1 hour, overnight best.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour.
- Garnish with the green stuffed olives and serve.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.