Print Friendly Recipe
- Old-fashioned candy, like Persian delights
Serves/Makes:8" x 8" pan
- 2 pkg. unflavored gelatin
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) applesauce or pureed cooked dried apricots
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) vanilla
- powdered sugar
- Mix gelatin with 1/2 cup (125 ml) applesauce and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Put sugar and remaining applesauce in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in gelatin-applesauce mixture and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add walnuts and vanilla; mix well.
- Pour into greased 8 inch x 8 inch pan.
- Let stand overnight.
- Cut in squares and toss the squares in a paper bag of powdered sugar.
- San Jose Mercury Readers' Exchange column, contributor and date unknown
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.