Print Friendly Recipe
- Simple and elegant way to serve rice.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:Serves 6 or more
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic, minced
- 2 cups (475 ml) white rice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pine nuts
- Melt 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter in a medium large or large saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic, stirring until softened.
- Add rice and stir.
- Add raisins.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cover the saucepan and simmer for exactly 17 minutes.
- Add pine nuts and remaining 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter.
- Stir to fluff the rice while blending in the nuts.
- Excellent to serve with Easter or Chrismas Hams. It goes with roasted chicken and pork roasts so delightfully, that your family will want it again and again!
Easy and nutritious rice dish!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.