Print Friendly Recipe
- Get ready to go on a mini vacation eating these.
- S. Chokel
- 6 oz (168 grm). semi-sweet chocolates
- 2 oz (56 grm). unsweetened chocolate
- 4 tsp (20 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tsp (10 ml) rum
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) unsalted butter
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) ground almonds
- Melt the chocolates and the cream in the top of a double boiler; stir until Smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter and beaten egg yolks.
- Chill mixture until firm, about 3-4 hours at least.
- Form mixture into small balls (truffles), and roll in ground almonds.
- Store in freezer or refrigerate until ready to serve.
- This recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
A great after dinner treat with cognac or coffee. I make mine smaller for less guilty eating (no less calories tho) and roll in hazelnuts and use Frangelico instead of rum for an even more decandent flavor.
A complete joy to give as a gift. Use for Christmas time or holiday trays of candy or for romantic and special evenings to share with your sweet love.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.