Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious as a lemon pie filling, wonderful in trifle, perfect for jelly doughnuts, and gingerbread & tea breads are made for it! Perfect Lemon Sauce!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:2 1/4 cups
- 3 whole lemons
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). butter
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Pare the rind from the lemon and make into strips; set aside.
- Squeeze and strain the lemon's juice; set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt the butter.
- Stir in the sugar, lemon juice and lemon rind.
- Continue stirring over double boiler until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the eggs and stir gently as mixture thickens.
- Continue cooking until it reaches a consistency to coat the spoon.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand a few minutes to thicken a bit more then strain through a course sieve.
- The tang and richness is spectacular. The color is wonderful. Since there is no flour or corn starch in it, as a pudding would have you do, it is almost a perfect lemon flavor and a true delicacy.. AND SO EASY!!
Note: This sauce is a show stopper on top of Blueberry or Raspberry cobblers and pies. It is completely stunning on top of Lemon Custard Ice Cream or anything with raspberries.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.