Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious and creamy lower fat healthy dip especially for pita bread, vegetables, crackers, chips or FINGERS!
- S. Chokel
- 3 large eggplants
- 1 cup (225 ml) tahini (ta-he-nee)
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt (sea salt is best in this recipe)
- extra virgin olive oil
- chopped parsley
- optional: pomegrante seeds
- pita bread
- Bake the eggplants on a foil lined cookie sheet at 350 degrees (175 C.) until very soft (about one hour).
- Peel them, place them in a bowl and mash them.
- Then put the eggplant, the lemon juice, garlic, tahini and salt in a food processor with a steel blade and mash them.
- Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle the top of the dip with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Garnish with parsley (and pomegrante seeds if desired).
- Spread on wedges of Pita Bread for the most authentic and delicious servings.
- Tahini is ground sesame seeds, like a wonderful peanut butter but lighter and a cleaner taste.
A wonderful hor d'oeuvre at a cocktail party or the hit of any picnic! We like this watching NFL or college football in the fall!
VERY healthy food for calorie counters and nutritionally consciensious cooks!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.