Print Friendly Recipe
- The wonderful flavor of Bing Cherries enchanced and enriched with Port Wine.. simply irresistable!
- Arizona Tart
- 1 can Bing cherries, drained, reserve liquid
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). package cherry Jell-O
- 1 cup (225 ml) cherry juice
- 1 cup (225 ml) port wine
- 1 cup (225 ml) slivered almonds
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) Knox Gelatine
- Optional Garnishes:
- whipped cream or Cool Whip
- toasted sliced almonds
- fresh chopped Bing cherries
- Heat the cherry juice and port wine in a medium saucepan.
- When it is hot, remove from heat source.
- Melt Jell-O in the hot liquid.
- Add the almonds and whole bing cherries to the hot liquid.
- Add the 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) gelatine, dissolve.
- Pour into your favorite prepared Jell-O molds and chill for at least 3-5 hours or overnight.
- Serve on a serving dish with your choice of garnish or place in pretty wine glasses and garnish as desired.
- This is an elegant side dish for Easter dinners or Christmas and Thanksgiving Dinners. It goes so very well with all roasted meats.
Geared to an adults palate, however, every kid who ever ate it BECAUSE it was for grown-ups adore it!!
If you have game meats, such as pheasant, grouse or venison you will make this a standard for your meals, it is excellent.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.