Print Friendly Recipe
- Old Fashioned Potato Pancakes
- 2 cups (475 ml) grated raw potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). flour or prepared biscuit mix
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). finely cut onions
- Beat eggs.
- Add potatoes and salt mix thoroughly.
- Stir in flour or prepared mix, baking powder, and onions.
- Drop from a tsp or if you like larger pancakes drop with a tbsp onto a hot greased griddle.
- Brown on both sides.
- This is a recipe from Cooking in Up Country Pennslyvania a cookbook written by my mother Mildred Haney Ryerson. Please fill free to use this recipe and enjoy for your own personal use.
Copyright 1992 Mildred Haney Ryerson
Copyright 2001 Nancy Haney Reifigner
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.