Print Friendly Recipe
- White & fluffy. Traditional wedding cake frosting.
- B Flathau
Serves/Makes:enough for 1 cake
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening (crisco)
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) vanilla
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) lemon juice or 1/4 tsp (1 ml) lemon extract
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) to 5 cups (1175 ml) powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) to 4 tbsp (60 ml) milk (maybe a little more)
- Beat shortening, vanilla and lemon on high until smooth.
- Add half of the sugar & all the milk; beat.
- Slowly add in the additional sugar.
- Taste test--be sure it's creamy but not too soft or it will not set up.
- I use a basic sugar cookie recipe and frost them with this. It does taste just like the traditional wedding cake frosting. Everyone that has tried it always comments on the yummy frosting.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.