Print Friendly Recipe
- Taste just like an almond joy bar
- Bonnie F.
Serves/Makes:3 dozen small balls
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). pkg. shredded coconut
- 1 small can Eagle Brand Sweet Condensed Milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) slivered almonds
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). pkg. milk chocolate chips
- Place coconut in a bowl, add slivered almonds and toss together.
- Start adding condensed milk, a little at a time.
- Keep adding until slightly sticky and be sure you can roll coconut into balls.
- Melt chocolate in double boiler.
- Roll coconut balls.
- Either dip them in the chocolate or drizzle chocolate over the top.
- Place balls on waxed paper and allow chocolate to firm up.
- Test by trying to peel one off the paper.
- I am always looking for new ideas for Christmas cookies and candy. I decided to just do some experimenting since I do not own candy molds. This is a great recipe. My family loves them.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.