Print Friendly Recipe
- Susan S
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 4 lbs (1.8 kg). or more boneless smoked ham half, "fully cooked"
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Jack Daniel's Whiskey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) grated orange peel
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground allspice
- orange slices, thinly sliced
- curly endive, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- On a rack in a roasting pan, roast ham, uncovered, for about 20 minutes per pound, or until a meat thermometer reads 140 degrees (60 C.).
- Before ham is done, simmer a mixture of the brown sugar, Jack Daniel's whiskey, orange peel, cloves, and allspice over medium low heat for about 15 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Brush the glaze over the ham about 20 minutes before done.
- Serve the ham garnished with orange slices and endive, if desired.
- This recipe calls for Jack Daniel's but you could substitute Jim Beam if you prefer.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.