Print Friendly Recipe
- Basic Pancakes
- Mary Woodhouse
Serves/Makes:8 or more pancakes
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 3 tsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) shortening
- Blend all dry ingredients then add all wet ingredients.
- For runnier pancakes add up to 1 cup (225 ml) milk.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto a hot, oiled griddle or frying pan.
- Turn over when bubbles form on top and underside is golden brown.
- Remove when second side is golden.
- This is a great pancake recipe and the ingredients are usually on-hand.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.