Print Friendly Recipe
- A good spicy condiment used by connoissuers of the best hot dogs!
- Laura and Jay's Mom
Serves/Makes:2 Quarts or more
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cumin powder
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) instant minced onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml) hot pepper flakes/seeds
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). ground chuck or round
- 3 cups (700 ml) to 4 cups (950 ml) water
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 2 oz (56 grm). spicy brown mustard
- 7 oz (196 grm). Heinz or other thick ketchup
- In a large heavy bottom saucepan, combine all ingredients above together, including the raw meat.
- Simmer for 1 hour on a medium heat, stirring often and combining ingredients.
- Lower heat and continue simmering for another hour on low heat.
- Serve hot over hot dogs in soft big bakery buns topped with grated cheese and sweet onion and dill pickles and potatoe chips on the side.
- Excellent with a cold beer on NFL Sunday's at home!
A special summer time treat for barbequed hot dogs with family and friends!
Teenagers and kids love this scooped over a bowl of Lay's Brand Fritos Chips and topped with grated cheese!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.