Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicately Light and Enormously Flavorful and Happily Filling! Lump Crab meets seasonngs and a binder and into the fying pan! Scrumptious!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:2 or more servings
- 1 lb (.5 kg). lump crab meat, cleaned and picked through
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Old Bay seasoning (more if desired)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) quality mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) soft breadcrumbs from stale bread, ground or crumbed fine
- 1 cup (225 ml) peanut or olive oil for frying (other oil, like canola or corn is fine)
- In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and divide into 4 or 6 pieces depending on the size patty you like.
- Shape each of the divided mixture into cakes--this can be daunting, but don't make them too firm.
- In an electric skillet or heavy bottomed skillet (to maintain level heat) heat the oil to where a little piece of mixture fries and comes to the top of the oil.
- Fry fairly quickly so a crust will develop and they are browned (You don't want them to absorb the fat, but to crisp and cook in the fat).
- Serve hot with your favorite side dishes.
- Classic Recipe to enjoy! It tastes so delicious, you will never get frozen ones again!
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.