Print Friendly Recipe
- cakerecipe.com (Syd)
Serves/Makes:1 10" cake
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) cake flour
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) white sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) egg whites
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) almond extract
- Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks, and then add cream of tartar, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Sift together flour, sugar, and salt.
- Repeat five times.
- Gently combine the egg whites with the dry ingredients, and then pour into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- Place cake pan in a cold oven.
- Turn the oven on; set it to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Cook for about one hour, or until cake is golden brown.
- Invert cake, and allow it to cool in the pan.
- When thoroughly cooled, remove from pan.
- " Homemade angel food cake is worth the work. It is moist, unlike the sweet styrofoam available in the grocery bakery. A tube pan with a removable bottom is highly recommended. "
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.