Print Friendly Recipe
- Arielle's recipe archive
Serves/Makes:12 or more
- 3 oz (84 grm). blanched almonds, finely chopped
- 3 oz (84 grm). walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). allspice
- 1/4 pint clear honey
- 1 pkg. fillo dough
- 3/4 oz (21 grm). butter, melted
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Mix the almonds and walnuts with cinnamon, allspice and fluid 2 oz (56 grm). of the honey.
- Line an 8" square pan with foil.
- Cut 4 layers of the dough to fit in the 8" square pan.
- Place one layer of dough in the pan and brush with a little butter.
- Cover with another layer of dough, then spread with the nut filling.
- Cover with the 3rd layer of dough and brush it with butter.
- Cover with the 4th layer of dough and brush it with butter, then cut through the top two layers to mark out four squares.
- Cut each in half again to make triangles.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the lemon juice with the remaining honey, adding enough water to make the mixture 1/4 pint.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Spoon over the hot baklava while it's still in the pan and leave to soak for 2 hours before removing from the pan to cut and serve.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.