Print Friendly Recipe
- This recipie was given to my by my great grandmother, and I love 'em.
- Jessica W. in CA
- 1 lb (.5 kg). powdered sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) fine granulated sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Kayro corn syrup
- green food coloring
- peppermint extract, to taste
- Pour granulated sugar into a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix powdered sugar, butter and Karo Syrup together.
- Add drops of the food coloring until it is a light pastel green color.
- Add the peppermint extract a little at a time until it is the right strength for you.
- Mix throughly--the consistency should be like dough.
- Using your hands usually works the best, because a mixer would make it too runny.
- Roll the mixture into balls and coat the balls with the granulated sugar.
- Press the balls into a candy mold and allow to sit and dry overnight (if your candy mold doesn't hold a lot, you might have to do get another one, because this makes a lot of candies).
- Pop the candies out of the molds and place in wax paper - lined, airtight containers.
- This isn't the most healthy recipie in the world, 'cause it is basically like eating sugar and butter. But it is really really good and will make a lot of candies. Make them before a large family get together and set them out in a nice candy dish just before their arrival.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.