Print Friendly Recipe
- My grandmother makes this all the time. It's really good.
- Jessica W. in CA
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1-2 whole cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- lemon juice
- salted water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped onion
- 1 cup (225 ml) sour cream
- black pepper
- Soak the cucumbers in the salted water for about an hour, then drain and rinse.
- Place the cucumbers in a bowl and add the sour cream and chopped onion.
- Add lemon juice (about half of a whole lemon's worth), salt, pepper, and parsley to taste (The lemon juice helps to make the sour cream taste like buttermilk).
- Mix thoroughly--the sauce should be slighly runny but not overly so (Sauce will thicken upon standing).
- Refrigerate for several hours to let the mixture thicken.
- Serve as a side salad.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.