Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped celery
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 10 oz (280 grm). can diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). cayenne pepper
- 1 lb (.5 kg). catfish fillets, cubed
- hot cooked rice, optional
- sliced green onions, optional
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, saute onion, celery, green pepper and garlic in fat free cooking spray until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, mushrooms, cayenne and salt if desired; bring to a boil.
- Add catfish.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- If desired, serve with rice and top with green onions.
- Nutritional Analysis: One serving (calculated w/o rice and green onions) equals 161 calories, 395 mg sodium, 66 mg cholesterol, 12 gm carbohydrate, 21 gm protein, 4 gm fat. Diabetic Exch. 3 very lean meat, 2 vegetable.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.