Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced onion
- 3 scallions, green and white parts, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh thyme leaves, or 2 tsp (10 ml). dried
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) coarsely chopped gingerroot
- 2 or more Scotch bonnet or habanero chile peppers
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml). ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 2 whole chicken breast, split and skinned
- In a food processor or blender, combine the onion, scallion, thyme, ginger, chiles, oil, allspice, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Process to a pulpy paste--there will be about a cup.
- Spread the paste liberally over the chicken breasts.
- Arrange the chicken on a plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerate 2-3 hours, up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees (150 C.).
- Place the chicken in a baking dish, cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, light the grill, or if cooking indoors, heat a grill pan or ridged griddle.
- When the chicken comes out of the oven, grill it until it is cooked through, turning the pieces once--this takes about 10 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- 194 calories, 7 grams of fat per serving.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.