Print Friendly Recipe
- Tomatoes dried in the oven
- tomatoes, roma are best, but any kind will do
- salt to taste
- olive oil
- Cut each tomato in half and squeeze out excess moisture, scoop out seeds and remove stem.
- Place on screens or racks, cut side up.
- Salt lightly.
- To oven dry, place on foil lined baking sheet in 200 degree (90 C.) pre-heated oven.
- Allow 6-8 hours.
- They should be shriveled and like leather.
- Store in glass jar with lid.
- To use, fill jar with half boiling water and half vinegar for a few minutes.
- Add herbs and garlic to taste.
- Cover with olive oil.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least 24 hours.
- Will keep indefinitely.
- Use at room temperature.
- You can also use the dried slices as they are.
I sometime slice round tomatoes and dry them.
Cherry tomatoes, halved dry nicely.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.