Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). can pear halves in light syrup
- 1 pkg. (8-serving size) JELL-O Brand Lime Flavor Gelatin*
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cold ginger ale or water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). pkg. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened**
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped pecans
- *Or use 2 pkg. (4 serving-size each) JELL-O Gelatin Dessert for 1 pkg. (8-serving size).
- Drain pears, reserving liquid.
- Add water to liquid to measure 1 1/2 cups; bring to boil in small saucepan.
- Dice pears; set aside.
- Stir boiling liquid into gelatin in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold ginger ale and lemon juice.
- Pour 1 cup (225 ml) of the gelatin into wreath or 5-cup star-shaped or plain mold.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until thickened (spoon drawn through leaves definite impression).
- Arrange some of the diced pears in mold, pushing down into wreath or star design.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in remaining gelatin.
- Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Stir in remaining diced pears and pecans.
- Spoon over gelatin layer in mold.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm; unmold.
- Garnish as desired.
- Store leftover gelatin mold in refrigerator.
- Dip mold in warm water for about 15 seconds.
- Gently pull gelatin from around edges with moist fingers.
- Place moistened serving plate on top of mold.
- Invert mold and plate; holding mold and plate together, shake slightly to loosen.
- Gently remove mold and center gelatin on plate.
- **Helpful Hint:
- Soften cream cheese in microwave on HIGH 15 to 20 seconds.
- Sounds like the recipe you're requesting, only with pears...substitute applesauce and see what happens!!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.