Print Friendly Recipe
- Easy chicken veggie soup
- Mrs. Wiggs
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups (950 ml) water
- 1 14.5 oz (406 grm). can fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups (475 ml) shredded cabbage (I use packaged slaw mix)
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 14.5 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). dried onion
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 cubes vegetable bouillon
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). bottled, chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). sugar
- pepper, to taste
- Cook chicken breasts in 4 cups (950 ml) water.
- Strain broth.
- Chop chicken in small pieces.
- In large pot place all ingredients.
- Simmer over low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until vegetables are tender.
- This is very low-cal, low-fat. 62 calories and .5 gram of fat per serving. You can adjust the seasonings to your taste. . . use jalapenos instead of green chiles if you like it spicier. Or use more garlic. If you don't want to cook chicken breasts use canned chicken and a couple more cans of chicken broth instead of water. You can use the tomatoes w/green chiles and delete the can of chiles.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.