Print Friendly Recipe
- Vicky Bryant (found at Shirley's recipes)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced onion or shallots
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dry white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tomato sauce or puree
- 1 cup (225 ml) beef bouillon or stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) thyme
- parsley (optional)
- Saute onions in butter until soft.
- Saute mushrooms for about 2 minutes, or until soft.
- Add wine, tomato sauce, bouillon, and spices.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Correct seasoning.
- Add parsley at end if available.
- Serve with London Broil or chicken over steamed carrots and noodles.
- I have seen Hunters Sauce recipes with fresh rosemary also. That would definately give it a distinct flavor. I would also use the shallots instead of the onions, I like their flavor better.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.