Print Friendly Recipe
- Sacramento Bee May 2, 2001
- 3 cups (700 ml) plain flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk or reconstituted milk powder and water
- 1 cup (225 ml) water, approximately
- 1-1/2 oz (42 grm). butter (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and mix to form a smooth dough.
- Knead only lightly until smooth.
- Press into a 6 inch circle.
- Place on a baking tray and make a deep cross in the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe comes from Australian cooking authority Donna Hay who suggests it be served with golden syrup, honey or jam and a cup of "billy," tea steeped in a can with a lid and handle, which is placed directly in a camp fire.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.