Print Friendly Recipe
- Quick, easy, out of this world dish!
- 4 skinless, boneless breast halves(about 1 lb (.5 kg). total)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). marjoram crushed
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sliced green onion
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry Marsala or dry Sherry (I prefer the Sherry!)
- snipped fresh parsley (optional)
- Rinse chicken, pat dry.
- Place each breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- Pound lightly to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Remove plastic wrap.
- Stir together flour, majoram, salt and 1/8 tsp (1 ml). pepper.
- Lightly press chicken pieces into flour mixture on both sides;shake off excess.
- In a large skillet cook mushrooms and green onion in 1 tbsp (15 ml) margarine until tender; remove from skillet.
- In the same skillet cook chicken pieces in remaining margarine over medium heat for 4 minutes,turning to brown evenly.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Return mushrooms and green onion to skillet.
- Carefully add broth and marsala (sherry).
- Cook, uncovered, for 2 to 3 minutes or till mushroom mixture thickens slightly, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter.
- Spoon mushroom mixture over chicken.
- If desired sprinkle with parsley.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.