Print Friendly Recipe
- Donna NY
- 1 whole duck
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) honey
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) ginger
- 1 bunch chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) red food coloring
- Chinese pancakes
- scallion root, chopped
- cucumber slices
- Hoisin sauce
- Boil 4 quarts (3775 ml) of water with honey, sugar, ginger, scallions, and food color.
- Soak the duck in the boiling broth until it turns orange-red.
- Hang duck to dry for 5 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Place pan of water in shelf below duck in oven.
- Bake until the duck looks crispy.
- Debone and it's ready to serve.
- Serve deboned duck with scallion, cucumber slices and Hoisin sauce wrapped in pancake.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.