Print Friendly Recipe
- Italian Custard to be used alone or with chocolate or fruits.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:Serves 2 or more
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) grated lemon rind
- 5 tsp (25 ml) lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) quality sherry or marsala wine
- fresh fruit, optional
- shaved chocolate, optional
- toasted almonds, optional
- sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Beat egg yolks in the top of a double boiler.
- Add the sugar, lemon rind and juice, and the wine.
- Beat constantly over the hot water until thick and fluffy.
- Remove at once from hot water.
- Pour into serving glasses and chill to be eaten alone or layered with fresh fruit.
- Top it off with rich chocolate shaved and toasted almonds or sweetened whipped cream.
- Decadent especially served with fresh raspberry coulis and whole berries for garnish, and a splash of Chambord (Raspberry Liqeuer).
It is also excellent served warm as a cream over Italian Cakes, Cookies or with Lady Fingers.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.