Print Friendly Recipe
- Delicious chicken with black bean kick
- Erin (from her Aunty Wendy)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). boneless,skinless chicken breasts (sliced)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). Chinese fermented black beans OR
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Black Bean sauce (store bought)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). minced gingerroot
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups (475 ml) snowpeas, trimmed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken stock or water
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml). granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 ml). seasame oil (vegetable oil is okay)
- cooked white rice
- In a large bowl combine stock, soy sauce, sherry, sugar, cornstarch, and sesame oil; set aside.
- Slice chicken thinly, set aside.
- In large non-stick skillet heat oil over high heat.
- Stirfry garlic, ginger, black beans and red pepper flakes for approx. 15 seconds.
- Add chicken.
- Stirfry for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add snowpeas.
- Stirfry for 2 more minutes.
- Stir sauce and add to skillet and stirfry over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Serve over White rice.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.