Print Friendly Recipe
- Healthy and tasty blending of broccoli, cheddar cheese, bacon, sunflower seeds, red onion and bowtie pasta in a mayonnaise base sauce.
- 2-1/2 lbs (1.1 kg) or 2 large bunches of broccoli, cleaned, peeled and cut into small florets
- 1 cup (225 ml) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). bacon, fried, drained, cooled and crumbled (use more if you love bacon)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) salted sunflower seeds
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). package of bowtie pasta, cooked al dente, drained and tossed with a drizzle of olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) mayonnaise (Best Foods or Hellman's)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small mixing bowl, blend together the mayonnaise, sugar, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add to the small mixing bowl with the sauce, the red onion, sunflower seeds, and shredded cheddar cheese; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, put in the broccoli and bowtie pasta and toss gently to mix.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the broccoli and bowties and blend all the ingredients.
- Just before serving, add the crumbled bacon (If you add it too soon, it will get soft and loose it's flavor and the crunchy texture).
- As a hint, you can add to this reicpe with great success! Try adding grated carrots, cauliflower florets, chopped kohlrabi, shredded turnips or any of your favorite raw vegetables.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.