Print Friendly Recipe
- H. Kamper
- 3 cans black-eyed peas, undrained
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) water
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 dashes hot sauce, or to taste
- Cajun seasoning to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raw white rice
- Bring peas to boil in saucepan.
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain, and remove from skillet.
- In drippings, saute onion, pepper and celery until tender.
- Add bacon and onions to peas; heat through.
- Add vegetables and cook an additional 10 minutes, covered.
- Add rice and remaining ingredients, cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy a taste of Cajun cooking.
- We have this often when the weather is cool (But good any time).
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.