Print Friendly Recipe
- Blend of herbs to use for dieting or to add robust flavoring to recipes and your family's meals.
Serves/Makes:1/2 cup approx.
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). onion powder
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). dried chives
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). dried tarragon
- 1-1/2 tsps. dry mustard
- 1-1/2 tsps. dried dill weed
- 1-1/2 tsps. dried bell pepper flakes
- Toss herbs into a grinder or mini-blender and whirl for about 60 seconds.
- Spoon spice blend immediately into a clean spice jar with a tight fitting lid, (a plastic shaker insert is a great asset), label and use as usual.
- Store in a dark dry area of your kitchen.
- Use this blend in stir-fries with a bit of lemon juice or on any cooked vegetables, such as carrots, green beans, or snow peas. Also, delicious to use in dips or spreads.
Very good to mix with lemon juice, white wine and extra virgin olive oil as a classic American flare to tossed salads or a marinade for meats and vegetables on the on the grill.
You can also use this blend as a rub on meats for roasting or in soups, chowders, or sauces.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.