Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) (1 stick butter), softened
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) masa harina
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cornmeal
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Blend butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the masa harina and water to the butter and beat until well combined.
- Put defrosted corn into a blender or food processor and with short pulses, coarsely chop the corn on low speed. You want to leave several whole pieces of corn.
- Stir the chopped corn into the butter and masa harina mixture.
- Add cornmeal to mixture and combine.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the sugar, cream, salt, and baking powder.
- When the ingredients are well blended, pour the mixture into the other bowl and stir everything together BY HAND.
- Pour corn batter into an ungreased 8 inch x 8 inch baking pan.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Place this pan into a 13 inch x 9 inch pan filled 1/3 of the way up with hot water.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the corn cake is cooked through.
- When the corn cake is done, remove the small pan from the larger pan and let sit for at least 10 minutes.
- To serve, scoop out each portion with an ice cream scoop or rounded spoon.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.