Print Friendly Recipe
- Recipe from www.topsecretrecipes.com
Serves/Makes:1 dinner size salad
- Oriental Dressing:
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) honey
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) sesame oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) corn flake crumbs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half
- 2 to 4 cups (950 ml) vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 cups (700 ml) chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup (225 ml) red cabbage
- 1 cup (225 ml) Napa cabbage
- 1/2 carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) chow mein noodles
- Preheat oil in deep fryer or deep pan over medium heat--You want the temperature of the oil to be around 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Blend together all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl with an electric mixer.
- Put dressing in refrigerator to chill while you prepare the salad.
- In a small, shallow bowl beat egg, add milk, and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour with corn flake crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken breast into 4 or 5 long strips.
- Dip each strip of chicken first into egg mixture then into the flour mixture, coating each piece completely.
- Fry each chicken finger for 5 minutes or until coating has darkened to brown.
- Prepare salad by tossing the chopped romaine with the chopped red cabbage, Napa cabbage, and carrots.
- Sprinkle sliced green onion on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle almonds over the salad, then the chow mein noodles.
- Cut the chicken into small bite-size chunks.
- Place the chicken onto the salad forming a pile in the middle.
- Serve with salad dressing on the side.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.