Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). cans tomato sauce
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 3 tsp (15 ml) chili powder
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 lb (.5 kg). cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Heat oil in a skillet and add tomato sauce, water, chili powder and salt.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Keep sauce hot, but not boiling and dip each tortilla into sauce for several seconds to soften.
- Remove from sauce and spread part of cheese and onion evenly down the center (reserve some for the topping).
- Roll up tortilla and place seam-side down in a shallow dish.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Top all the tortilla rolls with remaining sauce, cheese and onion.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until cheese is bubbling, about 15 minutes.
- Cooking Tips:
Substitute your favorite cheese such as Monterey Jack or Swiss for part of the cheddar.
Add a bit of shredded chicken or canned beans to make this an entr e dish.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.