Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 full chicken breasts, cooked, deboned and cut into bite size pieces (reserve stock for another use)
- 2 cups (475 ml) Pepperidge Farm Herb stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) melted butter
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) frozen mixed peas and carrots
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced onion
- Mix 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) Pepperidge Farm herb stuffing mix with 1/2 cup (125 ml) melted butter and lightly pat into bottom of casserole dish.
- Cover with the cut up chicken.
- Combine 1 can cream of celery soup, 1 cup (225 ml) milk, frozen peas and carrots and minced onion.
- Pour over chicken.
- Mix remaining stuffing mix with remaining melted butter and cover the top of the chicken with this.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 1/2 hour.
- The bigger the casserole dish you use, the dryer this recipe gets. I use a 8 inch x 8 inch casserole dish and it stays nice and moist. I also usually use a bit more stuffing mix and butter to cover the top than what the recipe calls for.
This receipe may be frozen or kept in the fridge 2 to 3 days before cooking.
This recipe is from my grandmother, who is now in her late 70's, I believe she said it came from my greatgrandmother. Both ladies were exceptional cooks in their day!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.