Print Friendly Recipe
- small patti-like meatballs coated with fine cracker crumbs and fried
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). 20% fat hamburger
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 box saltine crackers
- 1 lb (.5 kg). margarine (not butter)
- Chop onion and saute in 1 stick margarine until very soft.
- Drain and reserve margarine.
- Mix raw pork, hamburger, cooked onion, 1 quarter box finely crushed cracker crumbs, and 2 eggs.
- Form patties into 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) to 2 tbsp (30 ml) sized meatballs.
- Crush another quarter box of the saltines into very fine crumbs, coat each meatball in the crumbs and gently flatten very slightly.
- Fry in reserved margarine keeping margarine level in pan to at least 1/4 inch.
- Drain and enjoy.
- We eat these cold right out of the fridge, dunked in ketchup, or as a side dish.
They freeze beautifully. Make sure the hamburger has a high fat content and buy the
most inexpensive margarine you can find.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.