Print Friendly Recipe
- Rich and Authentic Italian meal! A favorite supper from Tuscan farmhouse to an elegant meal before a Roman Symphony Date!
- S. Chokel
- 1 lb (.5 kg). tortellini
- 1-1/2 sticks butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy cream
- 5 thin slices proscuitto, in julienne strips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cooked peas
- 1 cup (225 ml) parmesan cheese(fresh grated)
- Cook tortellini in 4 quarts (3775 ml) of boiling and salted water for 7 minutes (until tender) and drain.
- In a heavy skillet, melt butter over low heat.
- Add tortellini and stir to coat with butter.
- Add heavy cream and proscuitto.
- Cook mixture until cream thickens slightly.
- Blend in peas, parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Stir tortellini, stirring until cheese is melted.
- Serve pasta immediately with a dash of additional parmesan cheese.
- I love using fresh garden peas for this recipe. It is a great side dish to a roasted or grilled whole chicken.
If you cannot find proscuitto at your area markets, try using a very good quality ham or a quality bacon. The proscuitto adds a taste that is worthwhile to hunt out a source. Great meal!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.