Print Friendly Recipe
- A great way to enjoy the fresh spring Asparagus on the market in April through June.. or longer if available! It is YUMMIE!
- S. Chokel
- 1 bunch of asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) to 5 tbsp (70 ml) olive oil
- 1 chopped onion or scallions (green onions) in 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups (475 ml) fresh tomatoes
- hot red pepper flakes
- fresh parsley, torn or snipped
- Saute the onion in olive oil with garlic and asparagus tips; cover pan; saute slowly, do not brown.
- Add fresh tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Boil pasta and pour sauce over pasta and mix well.
- Add more parsley and hot pepper flakes.
- Sauces and pasta shapes are important in Italian cuisine. The pasta size and shape are made to highlight and go well with the sauce, or visa-versa. Serve with "Perciatelli Pasta" which is like a giant longer macaroni. It is shaped with a medium diameter (about 1/2 inch) and smooth surface cut long and pierced dry pasta.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.