Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegtable oil
- 4 bacon slices, diced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) celery chopped
- 2 tomatoes peeled, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) broccolli, chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 potato peeled, chopped
- 4 cups (950 ml) chicken stock
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cooked rice
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) fresh peas, can be frozen
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large saucepan.
- Crush garlic.
- Add bacon in saucepan, saute until crisp.
- Add garlic celery and all veg to saucepan.
- Cook 3 to 4 min, stirring constantly.
- Add stock, bring to boil, simmer 15 minutes.
- Add rice, cook 10 - 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of each serving.
- One of the better vegetable soups I have tried.
This could be vegetarian by using vegetable broth or water instead of chicken broth.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.