Print Friendly Recipe
- AUTHENTIC and Classic Italian Dessert blending rich creamy mascarpone, Brandied Espresso, Whipped Cream and Light Delicate Lady Finger Cookies!
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 4 oz (112 grm). strong espresso (or substitute 2 tsp (10 ml) instant coffee in 1/2 cup (125 ml) water)
- 2 oz (56 grm). Italian brandy
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups (475 ml) Mascarpone cheese (may substitute ricotta or cream cheese)
- 30 small Savoiardi (Lady Fingers) or 15 broken in half
- 3 oz (84 grm). bittersweet chocolate, broken into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 oz (84 grm). milk chocolate, shaved or grated
- 6 large wine goblets
- Mix coffee and brandy together and set aside.
- Over a double boiler, beat egg yolks and sugar until mixture lightens in color and forms ribbons (i.e. halfway to zabaglione). Allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Fold mascarpone into egg yolk mixture one quarter at a time.
- Fold mascarpone mixture into egg whites and set aside.
- Lay savoiardi along edges of wine goblets all the way to the bottom, lining the entire glass (while keeping 6 savoiardi for later use).
- Using a pastry brush, and paint the cookies with the espresso/brandy mixture.
- Fill each goblet one-third full with mascarpone mixture and sprinkle with broken chocolate.
- Lay one savoiardi across center and paint with coffee mixture.
- Fill each goblet with remaining mascarpone mixture, topping each with shaved chocolate.
- Lay one savoiardi in each goblet and paint with espresso mixture.
- This is a great recipe if you have a little more time and want to have beautiful and elegant invidual desserts for special ocassion dinners or moments to remember!
As a special touch, I like to brush the topped lady finger with the espresso, and then drizzle a touch of melted chocolate in a pretty little zig-zag shape on it.
Mario Batali is one of the stars of the Food TV Network. The Tiramisu can be served at room temperature, but most enjoy it chilled.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.