Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 8 inch x 8 inch pan
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) cornmeal
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 4 tsp (20 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) oil (or melted lard)
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Put about a tbsp bacon drippings into an 8 inch x 8 inch pan, and put the pan in the oven to get hot.
- In medium bowl combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, beating by hand, JUST until smooth (Batter will be lumpy).
- Pour batter into prepared, heated pan or skillet.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Invert onto cutting board, cut and serve.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.