Print Friendly Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) plain cornmeal
- 3 tsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). carton sour cream
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) corn oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) cheddar cheese, grated
- Pour corn oil in large iron skillet and place in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven to heat.
- Meanwhile combine all remaining ingredients except cheddar cheese.
- When skillet and oil are hot, pour oil into batter and stir quickly to blend.
- Immediately pour half of batter back into hot skillet.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over batter.
- Carefully pour remaining batter over cheese and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 45 minutes.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.