Print Friendly Recipe
- Diana Glover
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Quaker rolled oats
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) melted butter
- 4 cups (950 ml) diced rhubarb
- 1 cup (225 ml) white sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml). cornstarch
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- Mix flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, brown sugar, and melted butter until crumbly.
- Press half of these crumbs into a buttered 8 inch pan.
- Cover with rhubarb.
- Combine white sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla in saucepan.
- Cook until thick and clear.
- Pour over rhubarb and top with remaining crumbs.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Serve warm with a scoop of good vanilla ice cream...but also really good served cold with whipped cream.
- I have used this recipe for years (and years) and can't remember where it originally came from. My guess would be Minnesota since that's where I learned to cook.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.