Print Friendly Recipe
- Old Betty Crocker Cookbook
Serves/Makes:6 dozen approx.
- l lb. ground beef
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground pork
- 2 cups (475 ml) soft bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). finely chopped onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). margarine
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). cornstarch
- 1 cup (225 ml) vinegar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 3 drops hot sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 20 oz (560 grm). can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can tomato sauce
- Combine first 7 ingredients, mixing well; shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- Brown in butter over medium heat; drain.
- Place meatballs in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Combine cornstarch, vinegar and sugar in a medium saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until clear and thickened.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; pour over meatballs.
- Bake at 300 degrees (150 C.) for 40 minutes.
- I have used this recipe alot for rehearsal suppers and family gatherings. It is requested any time my family needs to carry a dish. Prepare it and put it on a buffet in a crockpot on low or a chafing dish.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.