Print Friendly Recipe
- Add a green salad and you have a meal
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) self-rising cornmeal
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) self-rising flour
- 1 can cream style corn
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk, more or less for pourable batter
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 or more jalapeno peppers, chopped fine
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground meat
- Preheat over to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Mix cornmeal, flour, cream style corn, eggs, milk together.
- Brown ground meat, just before done add onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper.
- Saute until vegetables or tender.
- Put about 2 tbsp (30 ml). of oil into a large cast iron skillet or comparable size pan.
- Pour in half of batter.
- Top with meat mixture.
- Top with cheese.
- Pour the other half of batter on top.
- Bake until done.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.