Print Friendly Recipe
- Cake/bar with cherries, coconut and chocolate
- 1 cup (225 ml) self raising flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cocoa
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 100 g. butter or margarine
- 100 g. crushed Marie biscuits
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) desiccated coconut
- 1 tin condensed milk
- 1 packet chopped glace cherries
- 150 g. cooking chocolate
- 30 g. copha
- Melt the butter and combine the sugar, sifted flour and cocoa, and crushed biscuits.
- Spread into a lamington tin and bake in a moderate oven for 15 minutes.
- For the filling, mix together the coconut, condensed milk and chopped glace cherries, and spread evenly onto the base.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Melt the cooking chocolate and copha together and spread over the cooled slice.
- Cut into squares when the chocolate is set.
- Copha is a solid fat that is derived from the coconut.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.