Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:24 to 30 servings
- 2 cups (475 ml) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a large bowl combine sugar, flour and 1/4 cup (60 ml) cocoa powder.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter with water and oil and bring to a boil.
- Pour over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add eggs, 1/2 cup (125 ml) buttermilk, baking soda and 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract; blend thoroughly.
- Pour batter into an 18-by-11-inch rectangular baking pan.
- Bake until tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
- This is from the Bon Appetit archives online.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.