Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). box confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) toasted chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Combine confectioner's sugar, nuts and in mixing bowl.
- Remove cake from oven.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add to confectioner's sugar mixture with remaining buttermilk and vanilla extract; blend thoroughly.
- Immediately pour frosting over the cake, spreading evenly to edges.
- Let cake cool completely in pan.
- This frosting recipe goes with the Best Chocolate Cake recipe. From Bon Appetite archives.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.